Sew What? We're small...but watch us grow!

Sew What? We're small...but watch us grow!



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flea and Me

I would like to introduce you to Flea, my 6 year old Chihuahua. Isn't he cute? He is my constant companion (when I'm not at work). It doesn't matter what I'm doing, he is always close by. If I am sitting, he is in my lap. Flea might sound like a funny name for a dog, but when my son first got him, he was so tiny he could fit in your hand. My son was still in high school at the time, so i became Flea's mama person. When I moved to Kansas earlier this year, Flea was the only member of the family that moved with me.

"Okay, Carol," you say, "what does a dog have to do with a quilt shop?"

Let me explain.

I have been trying my hand at designing to showcase some of the fabrics that we offer in the shop. This last Saturday was the launch dateof my first pattern, a table runner. My designs will only be offered at our shop. You won't find legal copies for sale any where else. So, without boring you further, here is the first in what I hope is a long line of designs by . . . you guessed it . . . Flea and Me:

And They All Fall Down

Table Runner

Approximately 19" X 59"



The fabrics featured in the sample are from the Harvest line from Timeless Treasures. The borders are a line called Willow from Timeless Treasures.

I would like to thank my pattern tester, best friend and sister, Paula, for making the sample that hangs in the shop. Without her, the design may never have been anything but an idea on paper. Thanks, Sis!

Kits to make this table runner are also available at the shop.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Hello Flea! What a sweetie. Congrats on the launch of your first pattern! Woot woot!!

    ReplyDelete